What We Do
Todmorden Town Council does not have any statutory obligations or front-line services to deliver, but actively supports Todmorden by acting in an enabling and facilitating role for the benefit of Todmorden residents.
Through either its Council/Committee meetings, 18 Town Councillors or through direct contact with the office, any issue of concern by residents can be raised and the Town Council which will do its utmost to support residents by raising the profile of issues, directly engaging on their behalf where appropriate, and or signposting to the correct contact to help residents obtain a response to their matters of concern.
More specifically the Town Council seeks to:-
- Work with and encourage Calderdale Council to focus on local issues
- Produce a Neighbourhood Plan
- Respond to consultations effecting Todmorden and its Community
- Liaise with other organisations on behalf of Todmorden and its Community
- Act as Statutory Consultee on planning applications
- Develop localised actions on Climate Emergency
- Enable Christmas Lights Switch On and Christmas Eve Carol Service.
- Report on any Footpaths or Rights of Way issues
- Seek remedy for any issues regarding town centre appearance
- Support Town Centre events through grants
- Support Culture and the Arts through grants
- Support local voluntary groups though grants
- Enable investment into Todmorden
- Part fund 2 Town Centre PCSO’s (50% contribution for each)
- Provide substantial funds to Todmorden Information Centre
- Manage local sites- Patmos Gardens, Lobb Mill Picnic Area, Land at Vale Baptist Church, Cornholme
- Support the Mayor – raising the profile of local groups and fundraising activities.